Abbreviations and Notes on Texts
7. CB Ceremonial of Bishops (Minnesota, Liturgical Press, 1989) an English translation of Caeremoniale Episcoporum (Liberia Editrice Vaticana, published in 1984 and a more recent edition in 1995). According to a letter dated 26 October 1999 from Cardinal Estevez, of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, to the Bishop of Galloway: "The Congregation is obliged to note also that a translation of the Caeremoniale Episcoporum was published by the Mixed Commission without the necessary episcopal approbation and without the recognitio of this Congregation". [ From: www.credo.org/medina1099.htm]
8. DOL Documents on the Liturgy (Minnesota, Liturgical Press, 1982).
9. DMC Directory for Masses with Children, Pueros baptizatos, 1 November 1973. A copy is in DOL, page 676.
10. GILH General Instruction of the Liturgy of the Hours, 2 February 1971. A copy is in DOL, page 1091.
11. GIRM General Instruction of the Roman Missal, 1975 version. A copy is in DOL, page 465.
12. IG Institutio Generalis or 2000 version of the General Instruction of the Roman Missal. The English Language Study Translation was published in July 2000 by the Secretariat for the Liturgy of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops. (Its cost is $US 12 per copy, by mailing a cheque payable to BCL to Institutio Generalis, NCCB Secretariat for the Liturgy, 3211 4th St, NE, Washington DC 20017). The Latin edition was published by Liberia Editrice Vaticana, 2000. (Outside Italy, it can be purchased from www.IXTmedia.com). According to the introduction to the English translation: "The translation found here, however, is designed only for study purposes and will be replaced in the future by a more definitive version enjoying the approval of the episcopal conference and the confirmation of the Holy See."
13. LM General Introduction to the Lectionary for Mass (1981).
Copyright J.R. Lilburne, 16 March 2002. Last updated 15 April 2002.